What you eat matters a lot. Food is needed for proper growth and development and this calls for utmost care and attention when selecting what to feed our bodies.
Unfortunately, some people are less conscious of what they eat, allowing unhealthy foods such as fries and junk to take over their diet. These foods are full of salts and oils that are harmful to your body and general well-being.
The first step in fixing this mess is by cooking meals at home. We have therefore compiled a list of the best vegetarian cookbooks that you can use to prepare a healthy meal for yourself and your loved ones.
Whether you are a vegan or you have just decided to eat healthily, this guide is your ultimate companion for a healthier lifestyle.
How to Search for a Good Choice
- Browse the Ingredients. Remember that some cookbooks contain more exotic ingredients that you may not have in the pantry. If you’re not interested in running out and purchasing them (some of them can get pricey) or going to extraordinary heights to put a meal together, you may want to stick with a cookbook that calls for simpler ingredients.
- Online Reviews and Recommendations – If you are buying a vegetarian cookbook from an online store, take some time and go through the customer reviews and comments section.
Top 10 Vegetarian Cookbooks Chart
The Benefits of a Vegetable Diet
- A vegetable diet is low in fats and calories. This reduces your risk of chronic diseases such as heart failure and high blood pressure.
- Vegetables, fruits, and nuts are rich in healthy mineral ions and vitamins such as potassium and vitamins A and C.
- Vegetables are rich in fibers that help in absorption and proper food digestion.
- Fruits and vegetables increase your body’s natural immunity.
- Vegetables and fruits are vital to pregnant women as they help reduce complications during childbirth.
Top 3 Best Vegetarian Cookbooks Reviews
Following extensive market research The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out stands out as one of the best vegetarian cookbooks in the market.
Its author is Angela Lindon, a self-trained chef with years of cooking experience under her belt. She has perfected the art of plant-based cooking with her recipes the best thing to have happened to vegetarians.
They are creative and delicious and they are prepared from fresh ingredients that are healthy and full of natural goodness.
I am vegan and her cookbooks are my personal favourite. I like her cooking methods and the fact that ingredients for her recipes are readily available in most supermarkets.
This awesome vegetarian cookbook contains close to one hundred wholesome recipes that are packed with flavour and nutrients. Most of these recipes are allergy-friendly and this way you won’t have to worry that your allergies will flare up should you prepare a meal using one of these recipes.
Recipes from this cookbook are sure to give you energy and leave your skin smooth and glowing. They are quite tasty as well and you will enjoy every bite of the meal you prepare.
Whether you are a vegan or you are simply trying to turn your life around, The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out is just what you are looking for.
Are you tired of over processed and over packaged products that are full of processed salts and fats? Are you looking for a healthier and natural approach to eating and living?
If this is the case then you should definitely a copy of The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples cookbook today.
It contains healthy and creative recipes that you can prepare at the comfort of your own home. They are not quick-fix recipes per say. They take time to prepare but the results are usually impressive.
With this cookbook you are able to create healthy dairy and meat substitutes that you can store in your fridge or pantry.
For healthy living, then then you should definitely get a copy of The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples cookbook.
If you are looking for a practical cookbook with hundreds or recipes made from locally available ingredients then you should definitely get a copy of Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes.
The recipes are simple and entirely plant-based and delicious. This cookbook uses colourful photographs to illustrate just how a specific meal is made.
The cooking instructions are easy to follow this makes preparing meals easy and straight forward.