Whether you are stuck in a rut or have been left reeling after a particularly stressful event, there can be times when we might need a little help to create a change.
This may not be serious enough to require the assistance of a professional, or you may not be keen to visit one. When this is the case, a self-help book may be a useful alternative.
It can be argued that an audio self-help book will be more beneficial than a hard copy book as it may be more likely to affect your subconscious positively.
Knowing which are the best self-help audiobooks will enable you to discreetly start the process of changing your life for the better.
Top 6 Self-Help Audiobooks Table
|1. The Four Agreements||Audible||$||
|2. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be||Audible||$$||
|3. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Signature Series||CD||$||
|4. Don’t Bite the Hook: Finding Freedom||CD||$$$||
|5. 101 Ways to Transform Your Life||CD||$||
|6. Unleash the Power Within: Personal Coaching||CD||$$$$||
Aspects of Good Self-Help Audiobooks to Consider
- Purpose. It is essential to consider the specific issue for which you require help, which will help ensure that you obtain the right self-help book. For example, a self-help book to help you be more confident will differ from that designed to help you stop bad habits.
- Length. The audiobook’s length will be a factor depending on whether you are in a position to be able to listen to it at your leisure or have a full schedule. Consider whether it is set out in different chapters, which will make it easier to return to when necessary.
- Format. The audiobook format will be important as it will dictate how you can use it. For example, a CD will be fine if you intend to listen to the audiobook while relaxing at home; however, if you want an audiobook. For when you are on the move, a downloadable book will prove more useful.
- Compatibility. Whether or not the audiobook is compatible with the device you intend to use is crucial, as it will not work if it is not in the right format, which will be frustrating. Check the specifications before you buy.
- Voice. Though we may not always realize it, many of us can be influenced by the voices that we hear, with some accents being more persuasive than others and feeling more positive toward males or females. Take any opportunity to listen to a sample of the audiobook, if possible, and compare one voice to another.
- Accompanying Literature. There may be occasions on which you may want a physical book to back up what you have listened to on an audiobook or to be able to use it for reference. Check whether there is one available.
Top 3 Best Self-Help Audiobooks Reviews
The audiobook of Four Agreements: A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom is available through Audible, and is the type of self-help book designed to reduce the doubts that make us hinder ourselves from reaching our goals.
It is written by Don Miguel Ruiz, who expounds on the teachings from the Toltecs, which were an ancient group that taught and abided by a set of rules that enabled them to achieve true freedom, happiness, and love.
The Four Agreements is ideal for those who want to generally improve their lives.
Audible provides the audiobook of The Gifts Of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are, which is written by Brené Brown.
The author is a leading expert on shame, authenticity, and belonging, and this audiobook is designed to help prevent the anxiety that can arise from constant media bombardment.
The narrator’s even tone guides you through the author’s ten guideposts that help you be happy and satisfied with yourself and what you have rather than chasing something unattainable.
The Gifts Of Perfection is a great audiobook for those who cannot find satisfaction with their lives.
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People – Signature Series comes on CDs that are narrated by the author, who is also a teacher, and organizational consultant with an MBA and Doctorate.
Across the CDs, the author, Dr. Covey, goes through the habits that effective people use to achieve their goals and the qualities found with people who are effective at achieving their goals.
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People is one of the best self-help audiobooks for those seeking to be more efficient at work.