6 Best Self-Esteem Books 2021
Feeling good and confident about yourself is an awesome thing! Constant self-criticism and self-doubt are dark clouds that most of us struggle with while high self-esteem makes you confident in your abilities and empowers you to deal with the challenges, setbacks and difficulties that life throws your way.
Finding good self-esteem books is very difficult in today’s world. This is because the market is flooded with them, each claiming to help you live a richer and more fulfilling life. With all these options to choose from, find the best self-esteem books becomes very difficult.
We have compiled the following comprehensive guide to help you in this regard.
Things to Consider When Buying
- Advice from Your Psychiatrist. Seek the professional opinion of your psychiatrist on which self-esteem book you should get. They know a thing or two about things mental state and as such they are well placed to advice you on the best self-esteem books that you should get.
- Recommendation from Friends and Colleagues. If you have a friend or colleague who was low on self-esteem and they regained it using self-esteem books, get to know which books they used.
Top 6 Self-Esteem Books Chart
|1. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown||$$||4.6|
|2. The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden||$$$||4.5|
|3. The Self-Esteem Workbook by Glenn R. Schiraldi||$$$$||4.5|
|5. Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It||$||4.4|
|6. Healing Your Emotional Self||$$$$||4.4|
Benefits of High Self-Esteem
- High self-esteem allows you to be yourself. You feel less obliged to adapt your values and behavior to meet the expectation of others.
- With high self-esteem, you willingly accept other that people will disagree with you every now and then and you worry less about their disagreement.
- Low self-esteem people get anxious when others challenges their views and opinions but if you have high self-esteem, you can clearly articulate your views and opinion when challenged.
- Children with high self-esteem think positively of themselves and this makes them conquerors later in life.
- You lead a better and positive lifestyle since you see a lot of positive value in yourself and this way you naturally take care of yourself better.
Top 3 Best Self-Esteem Books Reviews
For those with low self-esteem The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are is one of the best self-esteem books that you can get.
In this book, the author Brene Brown shares multiple guideposts on how to be at ease and appreciate yourself who you are. It teaches you how to be comfortable in your skin with all your inadequacies and imperfections.
The main message in this book is that the most important person in your life is yourself and all your energies should be geared to making yourself comfortable and happy.
It advices your to shun societal pressures on how best you should live your life and instead focus on what makes you happy.
Get this book today and give your self-esteem a boost.
No book on self-esteem is better than The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem: The Definitive Work on Self-Esteem by the Leading Pioneer in the Field.
This book explains why self-esteem is crucial to physiological health, personal achievement, happiness and positive relationships.
It takes you through concrete guidelines that if followed will leave you feeling confident of your powers and abilities. You interact purposefully with other people and as such, you build positive relationships and acquaintances.
Get yourself a copy of this book today for a richer and more fulfilling life.
The Self-Esteem Workbook is the most comprehensive guide on self-esteem. The techniques highlighted in this book teach you how to take responsibility for your mistakes and respond well to criticism.
It sets you up perfectly to achieve goals that will enrich your life and make you a better person. Self-acceptance is one thing most people struggle with but this book teaches you how to accept yourself for who you are.
It goes a long way in making you compassionate to yourself and others and this helps you build better relationships with others.