When it comes to relationship advice, you can’t always turn to your best friend, hoping that he or she will guide you. There are moments when you need to self-reflect and look for the tools and knowledge that could help you handle future relationships better.
There’s an abundance of relationship books on the Internet, and it can be difficult to find the ones that can actually help you. That’s why we’ve created this guide.
Below you will find everything that you need to know to find the best relationship books.
Things to Consider When Shopping for Relationship Books
Here are a few things to take into consideration when looking for relationship books:
- Look for a Book That Will Help You Realize What You Want. We all desire love and commitment, but some of us find ourselves struggling to realize and underline exactly what we want. Look for a relationship book that will help you get a clearer picture of what you want and how you can get it.
- Dating and Relationship Advice. Choose a book that will give you new information on how to handle relationship problems. If the book just reiterates the same advice you read in glossy magazines or your friends give you, then you should keep looking. Getting some understanding on why a man or female acts a certain way, or what you can do to make him or her like you, will make it easier for you.
Top 10 Relationship Books Ultimate Table
|Picture||Name||What You’ll Find||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts||Actionable Wisdom||$$||
|2. The Love Dare for Parents Bible Study: group Curriculum||A Clear Action Plan||$||
|3. Love & Respect Workbook: The Love She Most Desire, The Respect He Desperately Needs||Workbook||$$$$||
|4. Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl||Relationship Guide||$$$||
|5. Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition||Relationship Wisdom||$$$||
|6. Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus||Relationship Guide||$$||
|7. The Verbally Abusive Relationship, Expanded Third Edition||Strategies & Action Plans||$$$||
|8. Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay: A Step-by-Step Guide||Self-Analysis Guide||$$||
|9. How to Be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving||Relationship Guide||$$$||
|10. 47 Little Love Boosters for a Happy Marriage||Checklist||$||
How to Find a Helpful Relationship Book
The internet is full of so-called “relationship gurus” that promise to help you find love. Keep the things below in mind if you want to find only the best relationship books.
- Don’t Get Fooled by the Author’s Credential. Sure, an author with a Ph.D. in psychology, for example, can help you understand human behavior better, but that doesn’t make them an expert in relationships. Look for an author that has real-life experience, has worked with a lot of couples, and understands the ins and outs of making a relationship work.
- Be Wary of Fluff. A lot of so-called relationship experts take a simple and usually ineffective concept and turn it into a 100-page long document. Be wary of books that advice you to put your relationship aside for a month and focus on yourself during that period.
- Check the Recommendations. You want to find relationship books that have helped people from all walks of life. If the recommendations seem a bit generic or like they’re coming from the author’s friends and relatives, then you should keep looking.
Top 3 Best Relationship Books Reviews
“The 5 Love Languages” is the overall highest rated relationship book and a New York Times Bestseller for eight years running.
People fall in love every day. That’s the easy part. The difficult part is learning how to nourish your relationship even when things get tough.
Dr. Gary Champan has identified the five languages of love: Quality Time, Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Receiving Gifts, and Physical Touch. In this book, he will demonstrate how each language plays a crucial role in maintaining a happy and healthy relationship.
The 5 Love Languages will certainly touch some sensitive spots and make you realize that you too have made mistakes along the way. At the same time, it will reveal what you can do to experience a deeper and more meaningful love than ever.
Practical, insightful, and anchored in today’s reality, “The 5 Love Languages” is one of the best relationship books you can find.
When a baby is born, parents tend to focus more on the child’s needs and grow apart from each other. “The Love Dare for Parents” is an excellent book that will teach you how to practice the principles of love even when you are busy with raising a child.
With over five million copies sold worldwide and translated into twenty languages, this book shows you how to return to the love you’ve shared with your partner on your wedding day. By teaching you that friendship, intimacy, understanding and unconditional love can be for life, this powerful book will ignite the desire to reconnect with your loved one.
If you’re looking for a book that will teach you how to make a change from within, then look no further than “The 5 Love Languages.”
This best-selling book is like nothing you’ve read before. Don’t expect a jumble of advice that will make you feel empowered, but an understanding of the needs that women and men have.
As women, we long to feel loved and cherished every step of the way. Also, we tend to believe that men are just like us. Unfortunately, men are wired differently, and many relationships fail due to misunderstanding each other’s needs. Fortunately, “Love & Respect” will shine some light on the matter and open our eyes.
Powerful, insightful, and truly an eye-opener, “Love & Respect” is a must read if you are having relationship problems.