6 Best Books for Infants 2021
Books are important to babies. They introduce them to sounds, textures and words that are fundamental to their linguistic development (and development in general!)
Every parent should invest in good books for their children regardless of age, and in our guide below, we’ll be taking a look at some of the best books for infants.
The market is flooded with similar books and this makes the process of identifying good books quite difficult.
We’ve simplified it for you, so scroll down and find out which ones made our list!
Consider This When Buying
- The Safety of Your Child. Your child is likely to chew any book that you get them, so be sure that it is well constructed (i.e. won’t peel).
- Durability. When it comes to books, you should make sure that they are made of durable material, because those books are going to take some hard hits as your child grows!
- Advice from Fellow Parents. Seek the opinion of other parents in your neighborhood on the books that they bought for their infants. Ask them how their kids reacted to those books and whether they enjoyed them or not.
Top 6 Books for Infants Chart
|1. The Going-To-Bed Book||Board book||$||4.7|
|2. First 100 Words||Board book||$||4.6|
|3. Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Soft Book||Soft book||$$||4.6|
|4. VTech Musical Rhymes Book||Electronic learning book||$$$||4.6|
|5. Baby Einstein Explore and Discover Soft Book Toy||Soft book||$||4.5|
|6. Fisher Price "My First Books" Set of 4 Baby Toddler Board Books||Board book||$$$||4.5|
The Benefits of Reading to Your Infant Baby
- It provides you with the perfect bonding time with your baby. It exposes your baby to your voice and this helps the two of you bond.
- Your voice soothes your baby and calms him down.
- It prepares your baby for reading on their own. You baby picks up the rhythm, tone and inflections in your voice and this prepares him or her for reading on their own.
- Your baby retains words and sounds as you read to them and this boosts their brain power.
- Your kid is exposed to different feelings and emotions through different sounds as you read to them.
- The various shapes and patterns in the books expose your baby to different visuals.
Top 3 Best Books for Infants Reviews
Of all the books that you can get for your infant baby, none is better than The Going-To-Bed Book. With this board book, getting your baby to sleep will be a fun and enjoyable experience!
It tells the story of different animals as they prepare to go to bed aboard a giant boat. It uses rhyme and repeated sounds that your kid will love and enjoy.
In the story, the animals bathe, brush their teeth and dress up before they go to bed. This way it teaches your kid how best to prepare for bed.
It uses colorful illustrations, rhyme and lullaby-like poetry that work effectively to put your kid to sleep.
Every parent ought to buy this board book for their kids. If you already own it, have a look at our next favorite books.
First 100 Words is one of the books that you should get your infant baby. It introduces them to pictures and words that form their first vocabulary. It therefore sets them up for intellectual growth and development early in life.
This board book is bright so as to attract and retain your baby’s attention. It contains 100 colorful photographs for your baby to look at accompanied by 100 simple words for them to read and learn.
The pages are tough to withstand being chewed and dropped by the kids and this gives this board book added strength and durability.
All these impressive attributes make First 100 words one of the best books for infants.
Since babies love games, fun and interactive book is a “must” on the book shelf. We recommend Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Soft Book.
It is made of stimulating bright colors that are bound to keep your baby engaged for long.
Each flap features a fun peek-a-boo flap that is easy to cover and uncover.
Being a soft book, it is less likely to get damaged when your baby plays with it.
All these impressive attributes make Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Soft Book one of the top infant books.