6 Best Books for 8 Year Old Boys 2021
If you have a young boy who spends all day playing with friends or with his eyes glued to the computer, why not expand his horizons further and introduce him to the wide and wonderful world of books?
With the right books, your son will become more confident and adventurous, allowing him to learn faster and develop the quality values that will last a lifetime.
Here we take a look at the six best books for 8-year-old boys and review the top three most influential books on our list.
To Consider When Buying Books for 8-Year-Olds
When you’re considering a new book for your eight-year-old son to read, there are two main considerations you’ll need to keep in mind when making your purchase:
- Interest. Books need to appeal to young boys sense of adventure. There is much of the world that they haven’t experienced, so having a book that they can experience the adventure through will keep them engaged.
- Fiction vs. Non-fiction. Many parents make the mistake of wanting their young boys to be always learning and studying. The best thing you can do at this young age is to nurture their reading through fiction books that are filled with fun and adventure.
Top 6 Books for 8 Year Old Boys Chart
|1. Secret Agent Jack Stalwart Book 1: The Escape of the Deadly Dinosaur||Deadly dinosaur escapes and Jack saves New York||$$||4.8|
|2. The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children Mysteries Book 1)||Children run away and live in a boxcar until ...||$||4.8|
|3. The Dangerous Book for Boys||Filled with fun stories and interesting facts||$$||4.7|
|4. The Everything Kids' Science Experiments Book: Boil Ice, Float Water, Measure Gravity-Challenge the World Around You!||Recreate dozens of experiments using household items||$$||4.6|
|5. Dover Publications-Deco Tech Geometric Coloring Book||Geometric coloring book filled with hypnotic patterns||$||4.4|
|6. 100 Fun Stories for 4-8 Year Olds (Perfect for Bedtime & Young Readers) (Yellow Series)||Fun stories for various ages||$||3.9|
Buying the best books for 8-year-old boys can be challenging at times.
There are many options to choose from online, so how do you know which books are right for your son?
Here’s our shortlist of topics your eight-year-old will enjoy:
- Dinosaurs. They were once real and ruled this planet in their time. Young boys have a fascination with big, scary animals and dinosaurs are the biggest of them all.
- Running Away. Young boys are just starting to develop their independence and may start to have ideas of running away. Most parents are mistaken in thinking that books about running away will encourage such behavior. In reality, these books teach young boys about the consequences and dangers.
- Science. There is nothing more exciting than making something blow up or bubble over and science experiments are just that. Not only are they fun and full of surprises, but your son will also be learning valuable lessons about the world and how it works.
Top 3 Best Books for 8 Year Old Boys Reviews
Young boys love identifying with the main character in this book, Jack, who belongs to the GPF – Global Protection Force. The GPF is a top secret international agency with only young detectives, because let’s face it, young boys are the best at solving mysteries!
The story comes complete with James Bond type gadgets that appeal to a younger crowd. We especially loved how the author has woven in educational components into the story line. Throughout the book your son will read and learn about different parts of the world and have a greater understanding of other cultures.
This is the book that has sparked so many young boys into enjoying their reading. When we first reviewed this book, we were struck by how many adults remarked with fond memories of this being the book that started it all.
After reading through the story we too can see why this book has so many raving fans. The adventure of a lifetime is written out before you filled with exciting and surprising twists that’ll hold your attention right up to the very last pages.
Exceeding all expectations of a book for 8 year old’s, even we found many chapters that we couldn’t help but read through. The style of the text is a little archaic but that’s all part of this book’s charm.
There is definitely some similarity between this book and the famed “Popular Mechanics” book from the 1930’s. This book is certainly targeted to boys and not girls, there are chapters specifically about girls, as well as hunting and cooking rabbits.
Your boy will have months of fun reading through this book’s many treasures, making it one of the best books for 8-year-old boys.