When it comes to helping a child to understand the world, some may say that it is never too early to start and this process can be aided by the use of books.
Whether regaling a 2-year-old with a story or starting to school them in a particular subject, you will find that books will prove useful in this process, which will make it easier to engage the child.
Top 10 Books for 2-Year-Olds Ultimate Chart
|Picture||Name||Different Formats||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. Little Blue Truck board book||Yes||$$||
|2. The Pout-Pout Fish||Yes||$$||
|3. Giraffes Can’t Dance||Yes||$$$$||
|4. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom||No||$$||
|5. Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book||Yes||$$||
|6. Press Here||No||$$$||
|7. The Wonderful Things You Will Be||Yes||$$$$||
|8. The Going-To-Bed Book||Yes||$||
|9. The Goodnight Train||Yes||$$||
|10. Excuse Me: A Little Book of Manners||Yes||$$||
Features of Good Books for 2-Year-Olds
- Storyline. A storyline that is too complicated will not be able to be difficult to be followed by a two-year-old. Similarly, children of that age are likely to have short attention spans, so it will also not be useful for a story to be too long.
- Relatable Characters. Consider whether the characters are in situations akin to the child.
- Character Types. Children’s stories often use personified animals as their characters, so consider whether the animals in the book are liked by the child before making a purchase.
- Pictures. The pictures of a book will be one of the ways in which the child will be able to engage with a story. Check whether there are a sufficient number of pictures in the book to hold the child’s interest.
- Interactive. A book that allows the child to participate – even if they are being read to – will be an excellent way to get them to love the tale and enjoy reading. This can not only include the child playing a part.
- Educational. There are many ways that children can learn during the course of play, which can be achieved with a book that is designed for this purpose. Check what the book is designed to teach and whether this what you are keen for your 2-year-old to learn.
- Different Formats. Board books are those that tend to be on the large side with a hard front and back cover and stiff, card pages instead of paper if you take a holiday, for example, and forget to bring your child’s favorite book, if you have an electronic version of the book means you will not really have forgotten it.
Top 3 Best Books for 2-Year-Olds Reviews
Little Blue Truck is a story that is suitable for pre-school children that is available as a board book, as well as hardcover and paperback.
The board book was the one we obtained, which is an ideal size for reading along with a child so they can look at the pictures, and this format makes the book easy to handle and the pages easy to turn.
The story is about a personified pick-up truck who seems to be capable of anything until he gets stuck. However, he has a whole bunch of animal friends that can help him.
Little Blue Truck is a book that provides for good interaction from a 2-year-old, such as by performing animal and truck noises.
The story is outlined in rhyming stanzas, which creates a rhythm that makes the story more interesting for a child and helps make the story easier to follow.
The package even includes a party kit that can be downloaded.
The story can teach children a range of beneficial life qualities in a subtle manner.
The Little Blue Truck is an excellent book with an engaging story, delightful illustrations and is short enough to hold a two-year-old’s attention.
The Pout-Pout Fish is a book that is available in a number of different formats, including a board book.
It is a bestselling book that tells the story of a fish that seems to have a permanent sour expression – hence, the title – and the story revolves around him and his friends that live beneath the sea.
The story is one that teaches that it is not necessary to be miserable all the time, with the use of engaging characters, fantastic illustrations that incorporate bright colors that kids will love.
The story is relayed in rhyming stanzas, which is excellent for reading to two-year-olds as the rhythm makes the story more fun for them. It also uses other literary techniques, such as alliteration, which helps to make the story fun and retain the child’s attention.
Children will love looking at the pictures as the story is read to them, and the story is easy to follow and draws in the child, even becoming a little emotional.
The Pout-Pout Fish is a delightful story that will be enjoyed by many two-year-olds both in terms of the story and the pictures.
Giraffes can’t dance is a delightful children’s story that is available in several different formats, so it can be obtained in whichever style is most convenient.
The protagonist is a giraffe that just loves to dance, which prompts some ridicule from other inhabitants of the jungle who are unimpressed by his efforts.
This story provides an opportunity to teach children about different animals and they will have great fun making animal noises and even making up their own dance moves.
This story is a great way to teach children about confidence and give them the joy of a happy ending.
Giraffes Can’t Dance is one of the best books for 2-year-olds as it offers beautiful illustrations, a fun story and a lesson to be learned.